First again! Guts and Glory Tennis is delighted to be the first U.S. based online retailer to offer the newest creation from Signum Pro to our customers.
Plasma HEXtreme reaches new heights in spin production as the hottest string currently available has been extruded into a new Hexagonal shape. The new HEXtreme features similar playing qualities of the Poly Plasma, while offering INSANE spin potential. If your game makes use of spin, this string is definitely a must-try.
Construction: A new extrusion process allows this 3rd generation co-poly to be produced with sharp edges to add extra bite and control on all shots. (See string profile image, bottom left)
Advantage: Spin, spin spin! A durable co-poly that is comfortable and helps players create additional spin on their shots.
Gauges: 16 (1.30mm), 17 (1.25mm)
Color: Pearlized Orange
Why we carry this string: It fills niche not fully covered by our other offerings. SpinMeisters will love this string either in a full stringbed or hybrid setup.
IMPORTANT INSTALLATION TIPS:
1. Stringers need to take extra care during stringing. A Nylon/Synthetic string is easier to string, and is less prone to premature breaking because it's more flexible. Stringers have to string more carefully with co-polyester strings, similar to the care used when stringing with natural gut.
2. These strings should NOT be pre-stretched. Prestretching can cause premature breakage.
3. Pull slowly by hand or use the slowest pull setting on your electronic machine.
4. Do not kink. Try reducing the number of sharp angles that can be multiplied when using a prelacing technique.
5. Do not overtighten clamps.
At Guts and Glory Tennis we have not had one single issue with premature breakage of this or any of the Signum Polys we have installed for our stringing customers. We have, however, had a three reports from our customers of the co-poly strings breaking while stringing or shortly after hitting the court. Following the above "tips," (from the manufacturer of Signum Pro strings), will help prevent any premature breakage with these co-poly strings.